The regular cleaning of the wooden frame of your display case goes a long way. To help you maintain the frame in the best condition possible, with the least effort needed, we’ve put together a 4-step guide to cleaning the wooden parts of the case along with some useful tips and tricks.
Jump to any of the information you might need:
- Cleaning Your Case’s Wooden Frame in 4 Steps
- Useful Tips and Tricks about the Wooden Frame of Your Display Case
- How to Remove Scratches From Your Wooden Frame?
In case are looking for information about how to clean the acrylic part of your display case, check our guide here:
Useful Tips and Tricks about the Wooden Frame of Your Display Case
The frames of all the display cases offered at Sports Display Cases (including the football, basketball and baseball, hockey and NCAA college display cases, together with the ready made sports frames are made of of high-quality wood with a laminate over it to give the uniform color around the entire frame finish. These frames are not stained and there are some useful things which we want you to know when taking care of them in order to prevent any damage:
- Always use a microfiber cloth for this particular purpose.
- Alternatively, use a vacuum cleaner to make sure your remove any debris and dust from the frame.
- Every time you use a new cleaning product, make sure you test a small area of the frame with the cleaning solution that you will be using, to see if the material reacts well.
- Choose mild cleaning products, anything else, especially ammonia-based solutions, will ruin the frame finish.
- Keep water and moisture away from your laminated wooden frame.
- Do not put the frame indirect sunlight.
- For cleaning the little crevices and cracks along the frame, use a small toothbrush
- Remember, that a feather duster most of the time will clean your frame
- If you are cleaning a large display case, e.g. a jersey frame, we suggest that you take it down, and remove the memorabilia from it before cleaning.
The Three Types of Finishes Offered Sports Display Cases:
- Brown Wood
- Black Wood
- Mahogany Wood
Check the colors at https://www.sportsdisplaycases.com/info/frames to choose the right touch up pen.
While we know we sell the best display cases that will serve you for a long time, we encourage you to take proper care of them. Follow the steps above every other week and the wooden frame of your display case will keep on shining and looking like new.
Other Useful Resources:
Author: Michael Azif
Works at Sports Display Cases. Sports enthusiast of sports memorabilia and display cases.